- Security: There are 4 separate suites for each cat or cat family. The hotel itself is a separate room within a private residence. The hotel address is available to owners and viewers by contacting us. I look forward to meeting you and your cat.
- Cleanliness: The suites are completely cleaned after each guest leaves, including the furniture and bedding. Feeding and litter box spaces are cleaned every day. The playroom is also cleaned daily.
- Comfort: Each suite can be re-arranged to meet your cat’s particular needs. Special needs are taken care of at no extra charge. This includes arranging extra privacy for nervous kitties, low incline ramps and lots of sleeping space for geriatric cats, administering medications on schedule, lots of extra toys and climbing spaces for very active cats. Every guest gets some time in the playroom, which includes a high window perch, moving toys, tunnels etc.
Why Choose a Cat Hotel?
Your options depend on your cat’s personality and the time you will be away.
Leave your cat alone at home. This will probably be OK for a night or two, as long as your cat has a secure and safe environment. The main problem is that cats that miss you don’t always behave as you expect, and risk doing things that can damage your home or even damage themselves.
- Have a check-in cat sitter. This reduces the home-alone risk, as long as your cat didn’t do anything that requires emergency care. It also increases the risk of a cat escaping every time the door is opened.
- Hire a full-time cat sitter to look after your home and your cats. This is a good choice as long as you have a reliable sitter, and a secure space that your cat can’t escape from.
- Board your cat at a traditional kennel. Small cramped cages or the smells and sounds of dogs can be very stressful for cats. They need calm carers, and space to exercise.
- Board at a hotel. Please feel free to do your research, check out the possible options ahead of time, and ask all the questions you want. If you decide you’d like to book your cat into the Victoria Cat Hotel I look forward to welcoming you. I’m available by email or phone during your cat’s entire stay.